Visa Information For Foreigners (Part 1)
It is possible to obtain e-Visa 7/24 at everywhere with internet connection. The applicants can obtain their visa after they fill in the necessary information concerning their identity, passport and travel dates and pay visa fee online.
E-visa is only valid when the purpose of travel is tourism or commerce. For other purposes, such as work and study, visas are given by Turkish Embassies or Consulates.
The term "official passports" covers diplomatic, service, special and official passports.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs continues efforts to strengthen the e-Visa system and to better enable foreign nationals to easily obtain their visas.
In this context,
- In addition to English, French, and Spanish; Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, German, Arabic and Chinese language options will be added to the e-Visa system.
- In addition to Visa and MasterCard, payment is accepted from other commonly used credit cards and debit cards.
- Tour operators may apply for group e-Visas and make lump sum payments for them.
- Visitors arriving to Turkey without visas may obtain their e-Visas via interactive kiosks placed in Turkish airports.
- Necessary arrangements will be made to allow foreign visitors to obtain e-Visas from authorized airline companies offices, including those companies’ offices in airports.
Visa regime for truck drivers of a country may differ from the overall visa regime effective for citizens of that particular country. For further information, please contact the nearest Turkish mission.
Regardless of the visa regime applied towards the citizens of a country, the travel document holders of that country need to obtain visa from Turkish missions beforehand.
Foreigners who will shoot a documentary film conduct a research or an archeological excavation should get a special permission from the Turkish authorities in advance.
If you have a valid visa, you do not need a residence permit up to 90 days. On the other hand, foreigners who shall reside, work or study in Turkey, should register themselves at the nearest local police department upon their arrival in Turkey, regardless of the validity of their visa.
- Turkey in touch with British authorities on new Ankara Agreement visa rules
- Erdogan: Visa Liberalization Is Turkey’s Top Priority
- Turkey and the United States Resume Visa Services to Citizens of Each Country
- Visa Information For Foreigners (Part 2)
- Tourism center Antalya hits new all-time daily high